Nothing scheduled yet, but this looks like an interesting meetup group around lean content development. Count me in!
Tag Archives: lean
I have been unable to find a simple list of companies that are using agile / lean for biz funk purposes (e.g., marketing, content development, finance, etc). So I figured I’d create my own list. I’ve only included examples that I could verify with at least one source. Not a perfect method, since not everything on the internet is truthy, and some of the links are a few years old, but it is a start. So consider this list to be one of those “living documents.” And you can help to keep it alive! If you know of another company that is using biz funk agile, please feel free to suggest it (and your source) in the comments.
Company Name, Team Type, Comment / Source(s):
- Kaplan Test Prep, Marketing & Content Development
- Cyrus Innovation, HR & Accounting, Slides from Matt Salerno
- OpenView Partners, Marketing & Sales, They work in the same building as Jeff Sutherland
- Unitarian Churches, Church, Jeff Sutherland wrote about this
- NPR (Radio), Program Development, “Agile Inspired“
- Ashram College, Education, Secondary education in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands
- HubSpot, Marketing, Since May 2011
- Portrait / Photography, Wedding Planning
- Be2.com, Social Media, manage the whole organization using Scrum
- TaskTop Technologies, Marketing
- Land O’Frost, Operations, Sells lunch meats, easily my favorite example
- University of Maryland, Research Group
- SunCorp, Finance & Procurement, a bank
- Telstra, External Communications, Telecommunications company
- Lonely Planet, In-house Lawyers, Guide books
- AccuRev, Training, Trained sales team
- WIKISPEED, Auto Manufacturing, Developed 100mpg car using Scrum
- Prestige Law Firm, Lawyers, A NZ firm
Have you secretly been curious about the word “agile,” but were not quite curious enough to look it up? Or have you never heard the word “agile,” but now find yourself strangely curious about it? Do you like puppies? If any of these things are true, the recent Agile for Business and Functional (Biz Funk) Teams meetup event is for you. After some quick context-setting by the facilitators, a team writing a book and a marketing team discuss what prompted them to try agile and how it worked. Check out the video of the event if interested!
Dennis Clemente blogged about the event here.